Summer is in the air so it’s time to start making and baking our favorite summertime treats. This time of year is perfect for making recipes using fresh fruit and berries.
These blueberry muffins can be made in the traditional size or as mini muffins. I like to make them in the mini size so each tiny bite is packed with fresh whole blueberries. They are quick and easy to make in the morning and leave out on the counter for your friends and family to grab during the day. Assuming, of course, that you resist eating them all yourself.
The blueberry muffins are topped with a white sugar crumble that creates a delicious crunch on the top of the muffins. The muffins are delicious eaten right away but also freeze beautifully. Simply defrost on the counter or warm them up in a 300 oven.
Can I Substitute the Blueberries with other Fruit?
Yes, you can put chopped chopped peaches or strawberries in the muffins or substitute the blueberries with fresh raspberries.
Burstin’ Blueberry Mini Muffins
- 12 cup mini mufin pan
- mini muffin paper liners
- ¾ cup AP flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries use small berries
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400
- place muffin liners in cups
- mix flour, sugar and baking powder together
- mix milk, vanilla, oil and egg together in a seperate bowl
- add milk mixture to flour mixture
- gently blend in blueberries
- use a spoon to fill muffin tins almost all the way to the top of each lined cup.
- mix topping ingredients together until crumbly
- sprinkle on top of each muffin
- bake in oven for 10-15 minutes