Crisp Matzo is coated in Caramel and Melted Chocolate
This chocolate- caramel matzo recipe is great to serve for dessert after Passover dinner. Break the chocolate-caramel matzo up into pieces so it’s easy for people to grab a piece. This recipe was given to me years ago by my dear friend Caryn and I continue to make it every year. It is quick, easy and fun to make and it is absolutely delicious. I like to keep the caramel layer thin so it is like a thin sheet of caramel between the chocolate and the matzo. Have fun with this recipe. Add more chocolate chips if you want a thicker coating. I guarantee your chocolate-caramel matzo will come out absolutely delicious.
After spreading out the chocolate top with crush walnuts or peanuts
Sprinkle chocolate with sea salt
Mix white and dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 3 matzo
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- preheat oven to 350
- line 2 baking sheets with foil and parchement paper
- place 1½ matzo on each baking sheet
- add butter and brown sugar to a sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium low heat
- continue to whisk for 3 or 4 minutes until sauce thickens
- pour sauce over matzo and spread into a thin layer with a rubber spatula
- bake in oven for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 325 and continue to cook for 5 minutes
- caramel should be bubbling and golden brown.
- remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips on mazto.
- Let chips sit on matzo for a few minutes and begin to melt then spread with a spatula
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Break into pieces and serve