Roasting broccoli is so easy, tastes delicious and is very healthy. I think it’s silly when I read a recipe that over-complicates roasted broccoli. All you need to do is cut the florets off of the head of broccoli give them a quick rinse and toss with olive oil and some salt and pepper. Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes and you’re done. I like when the the broccoli gets a little char on it. The broccoli remains crisp but tender.
In this recipe I decided to give the broccoli a little kick. I wanted a little more heat in the dish and some more color so I decided to add Jalapeño, Sweet Twister Peppers and Garlic. I sautéed the peppers and garlic in Extra Virgin Olive Oil before tossing with the broccoli. This step allowed the peppers and garlic to flavor the Olive Oil before tossing it with the broccoli. I was having a couple of friends over for dinner and was serving a buffet dinner. I prepped the whole dish ahead of time so all I had to do was pop it in the oven 15 minutes before I wanted to serve dinner. I love recipes that don’t require you to spend a lot of time in the kitchen when your guests have arrived. You should be enjoying your company, not sweating it out in the kitchen.
Roasted Broccoli with Jalapeño, Sweet Twister Peppers and Garlic
- 2 heads of broccoli
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper
- 2 Sweet Twister Peppers
- 5 cloves garlic
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cut florets off of broccoli. Florets should be bite sized
- Thinly slice the Jalapeno, peppers and garlic
- Saute the peppers and garlic in Olive oil until garlic starts to turn a pale brown. About 5 min
- Toss peppers and oil with broccoli
- Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper
- Roast for 15 minutes until broccoli begins to char and is bright green