Grilled or Broiled Lamb Chops served over a wonderful mixture of roasted broccolini and arugula with my special mint Chimichuri
This recipe comes together quickly and is absolutely delicious to serve any day in any season. If you have an outdoor grill you can absolutely throw the chops on the barbie, if not, an oven or stovetop grill works equally well.
Mint and lamb go very well together so I came up with a sauce that incorporates fresh mint with fresh parsley with garlic, parmesan, lemon and honey that is absolutely perfect. This type of chimichuri works equally well with fish, chicken and vegetables. My husband loves it so much that I alway make extra to keep in the refrigerator for a few days. The sauce will stay fresh for a week. Just give it a good shake or whisk before using.
A touch of honey adds depth and sweetness to this citrus mint and parsley sauce. Perfect with anything
The dish is a one plate dish. I roast the broccolini first and leave it at room temperature. When the lamb chops are roasting I toss the broccolini with arugula and put it on a serving plate. The lamb chops go on top followed by crumbled feta, sprinkled mint chimichuri and fresh lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichuri
- 12 lamb chops trimmed
- 1 pound broccolini stems cut off
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ½ lb baby arugula washed buy one package of pre washed if available
- 1 lemon
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbled
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup flat parsley leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh grated parmesan reggiano
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic grated or pressed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper
- pulse mint and parsley in a food processor
- slowly add olive oil
- stir in honey, garlic, lemon, parmesan, salt and pepper
- let sauce rest for half hour before serving so flavors meld together
Lamb Chops and Broccolini
- preheat oven to 400
- wash and dry broccolini and trim off half the stem
- toss broccolini with olive oil, salt and pepper
- place on a baking sheet
- roast in oven for 10 minutes
- Place lamb chops on a roasting pan
- sprinkle with salt and pepper
- roast in oven for 4 or 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Cook longer for well done.
- toss roasted broccolini with arugula
- top with lamb chops
- sprinkle with crumbled feta and mint chimichuri
- top with lemon wedges and serve
- Serve extra mint chimicuri on the side
One thought on “Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichuri”
I just made the mint /flat leaf parsley Chimmichurri sauce part so far and it’s so good, you’ll want to DRINk it!!!
We don’t have rack of lamb to eat it with, but I ground up some boneless lamb, and we will have open faced lamb burgers tonight on Gluten free buns w dill pickles, pickled red onions and lettuce our daughter grew!
Thank you so much for creating such deliciousness!!!
With much gratitude from Hawaii,
Babs (friend of your pal in SF, Judi B)