Pillsbury Original Biscuits Make Delicious Quick and Easy Donuts
Pillsbury Biscuits make easy and delicious donuts. Simply fry the dough in vegetable oil and top with your favorite glaze.
Sometimes when you wake up on a lazy weekend morning you want something delicious and sinful to eat while reading and drinking a hot cup of coffee or tea. Now, I have posted some delicious breakfast recipes but they take time and sometimes you want to cheat a little which is definitely ok. This is the perfect moment to pop open a can of Pillsbury biscuits and make delicious donuts. Simply cut a hole in the middle using the top of a shot glass or a mini round cookie cutter. Anything small and round will do. It’s so fun and easy.
After cutting a round hole in the middle of each biscuit, fry them in 2 inches of vegetable oil until golden brown on each side. This will take about 2 minutes per side. Drain on a paper towel after frying. Mix confectioners sugar with a little milk and a touch of light corn syrup to make a sugar glaze or mix cinnamon and granulated sugar together to dip the donuts. I like to dip the donut holes in cinnamon and sugar and glaze the whole donuts.
This is a very fun morning activity to do alone or with your family. Be creative! Add a little food coloring into the glaze or dip the glazed donut into sprinkles for an added touch. You can also melt some chocolate or spoon some raspberry jam into a bowl to serve as a dipping sauce. There is nothing like a warm donut in the morning. Your friends and family will be very impressed when you serve a gorgeous platter of homemade donuts and no one has to know how easy they were to prepare. Enjoy!
Easy Donut Recipe
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp milk may need more if glaze is too dry
- ½ tsp light corn syrup
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Open can and remove biscuits
- use the top of a small glass or small round cookie cutter to cut out center of each biscuit
- put 2 inches of oil in a sauce pan and heat on medium heat
- Test temperature with a donut hole to make sure oil is hot
- fry donuts in batches. Do not over crowd. I fry 2 at a time.
- drain on paper towel and let cool
Option 1: Glaze
- Mix confectioners sugar, milk and corn syrup together. Add food color if desired.
- Dip top of donut in glaze and set aside to harden
Option 2: Cinnamon Sugar coating
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together
- dip donut or donut hole in while still warm